Are you looking for a ...?
Someone to challenge and refine ideas until we find a concise, elegant, and actionable formulation.
Someone to inspire by bringing ideas from different domains together to uncover new insights.
Sometimes, you need an artifact, a first working example before you see how to move ahead with an idea.
If so, let's talk .
BackgroundI have experienced opposite ends of several spectrums:
- from CIO of a publicly traded company to one-man show
- from business application coder to management consultant
- from forklift driver to warehouse designer
- from academic to practioner
- from citizen to (local) politician
- Catalyze: reduce the energy needed to go from idea to action (by providing the right inspiration and tools)
- Code: express ideas in concise ways so that machines understand them
- Craft: forge and apply the right tools and messages to make something happen
- Ignite: don't wait for a burning platform to bring about change, set the fire; leap when you're 80% ready
- Macrophage ("big eater"): savor good ideas (and good food), clean up the environment to allow for effective future action
- Message: express ideas in concise ways so that humans understand them
- Pioneer: show that something new can be done, or something existing can be done in a new, more elegant way, pave the way, replant the garden
- Synthesize: take knowledge and ideas from different domains and combine them in novel and elegant ways
Talks and key notes
- Subtraction: the power of doing less
- Organizations need an immune system
- Casting out Legion - dealing with the demons of the digital age
- The nature of money
- Down with complexity!
- Why beauty matters in IT
- Bitcoin and Blockchain: from virtual money to the “world computer"
- Risk management in a world full of (not always pleasant) surprises
- Organizations of the future: beyond the top-down hierarchy
- ... and others tailored to your needs and context